Is The Dallas Real Estate Market Headed For A Crash?
One SDI listener is extremely interested in investing in turnkey rental property in Dallas, Texas... but he can't shake the memory of the real estate crash in Dallas in the '80's. Is today's market like that one in any important ways?
If You're Evaluating a Real Estate Market, Here Are 3 Important Questions To Ask About JOBS In The Area...
Not all jobs are created equally, and some types of jobs have a much higher predictive value than others. Take a moment now to learn 3 important questions you should ask...
What Kind Of Assets Can You Buy In Your IRA? (Part 1)
Yes, your Self-Directed IRA is very flexible... but exactly what kinds of assets can you ACTUALLY buy using your retirement money... or are there any limits at all? Hint: There are limits, but not many - but ignoring them can hurt very, very badly...
What Kind Of Assets Can You Buy In Your IRA? (Part 2)
Yes, your Self-Directed IRA is very flexible... but exactly what kinds of assets can you ACTUALLY buy using your retirement money... or are there any limits at all? Hint: There are limits, but not many - but ignoring them can hurt very, very badly:
"I've Found A Great Real Estate Deal... But My IRA Only Has Enough For The Down Payments. Can My IRA Borrow The Rest?"
I don't know about you, but to me, the notion of introducing debt into an IRA or 401(k) seems... scary. Nevertheless, it is possible and in some cases, can even make a lot of sense. But it opens up another entire can of worms, so learn the ins and outs here:
- a BIG LIE: Why Your IRA is NOT Limited To Using Non-Recourse Loans [EPISODE #149]
- All Prohibited Transactions Are Taxable… All Taxable Transactions Aren’t Prohibited [EPISODE #253]
- DAVE RAMSEY vs ROBERT KIYOSAKI on Debt & Your Investments [EPISODE #78]
- Episode #254
- Episode #255
- Episode #256
- Episode #257
- Episode #259
- Episode #260
- STOP! Don’t Buy That RENTAL PROPERTY [EPISODE #112]
- Extraordinary Turnkey Rental Property Investments in Birmingham, Alabama [EPISODE #252]
- President Trump Takes Action For Benefit Of Self-Directed IRA & Other Retirement Account Investors [EPISODE #251]
- A Warning About Your Solo 401(k) Plan [EPISODE #250]
- A New Way To Invest In Turnkey Rental Property [EPISODE #249]
- Privatizing Fannie Mae – A Big Opportunity? [EPISODE #248]
- Are All Solo 401(k)’s the Same? [EPISODE 247]
- Trump’s Supreme Court Pick and YOUR PORTFOLIO [EPISODE #246]
- Which is Best: SEP IRA or Solo 401(k)? [EPISODE #245]
- the CONSERVATIVE way to invest AGGRESSIVELY [EPISODE #244]
- Leverage Is Very Risky for Your IRA or 401k, but in THIS CASE… [EPISODE #243]
- Are PRIVATE LENDERS at risk of UBIT (Unrelated Business Income Tax) Liability? [EPISODE #242]
- How Will President Trump’s New Policies Impact Your Portfolio Values (Part 2)? [EPISODE #241]
- How Will President Trump’s New Policies Impact Your Portfolio Values (Part 1)? [EPISODE #240]
- Can Your IRA Own An Office Building? [EPISODE #239]
- How To Fund Your Retirement With Turnkey Rental Property [EPISODE #238]
- How To Use A Roth IRA – Even If Your Income Is Too High [EPISODE #237]
- Own Real Estate In A Traditional IRA? Slash Your Withdrawal Tax Bill Like This… [EPISODE #236]
- 3 Bad Things That Happen IMMEDIATELY When You Commit a Prohibited Transaction [EPISODE #221]
- Why the I.R.S. **HATES** Your IRA — a huge (terrifying) IRS shift [EPISODE #65]
- 3 Major RED FLAGS For Any Real Estate Market [EPISODE #5]
- The HUGE LIE about the 2015 Real Estate Market That The “Experts” Want You To Believe [EPISODE #4]
- The Tool That Renders Self-Directed IRA’s OBSOLETE! [EPISODE #3]
- The Checkbook IRA: Supreme Flexibility…or Audit Magnet? [EPISODE #2]
- Self-Directed IRA: Under attack from the IRS [EPISODE #1]
- Can an IRA Own S-Corporation Stock?
- Can I Borrow Money Through My IRA To Buy Real Estate?
- How Can I Borrow from my IRA?
- How did Corrupt Labor Unions and Poor Corporate Management lead to the Creation of IRA’s?
- How is an IRA Structured Legally?
- What are the taxes and penalties for early withdrawal from your traditional IRA account?
- What determines if an IRA is Captive or Self-Directed?
- What does S D IRA mean?
- What is a Captive IRA?
- What is a Self Directed IRA?
- What is ERISA?
- Born2Invest: Entrepreneurs choose retirement options – SEP IRA or Solo 401(k)?
- Born2Invest: Why renting single family homes is the best real estate investment right now
- TheStreet.com: Privatizing Fannie and Freddie Yields 3 Investment Opportunities
- TheStreet.com: Self-Directed IRA Investors May Face Grave Election Consequences
- Entrepreneur.com: 3 Gut-Wrenching Questions to Ask Your Spouse About Your Business
- Entrepreneuer.com: 5 Tips for Structuring Your New Business Like a Pro
- TheStreet.com: Avoid These 5 Traps When Buying Real Estate in Self-Directed IRAs
- TheStreet.com: Real Estate and Other Hard Assets Are Good Investments During Economic Upheaval
- TheStreet.com: New York City's Luxury Real Estate Market Is in Big Trouble
- TheStreet.com: Surprise: REITs Aren't the Best Choice for Real Estate Cash Flow
- And many, many citations and quotes....
Bryan Ellis is host of Self Directed Investor Talk, America's #1 radio show and podcast for affluent self-directed investors. He's also an expert in self-directed IRA's, solo 401k's and turnkey rental property investing... at least, that's what his wife tells him 🙂 He's a contributor to well-respected publications like TheStreet.com, Entrepreneur and ThinkRealty. Bryan lives in metro Atlanta, Georgia with Carole Ellis - his wife, business partner and best friend - and his 4 children ranging in age from 2 to 19.